[VA-8843] - More Menu from Customer view is not fully visible
[VA-8887] - Success or Error message not visible after posting payments to bills if using horizontal menu
[VA-8806] - Use the dimension tag on BOM item to filter out items to add to a work order/production build
- In Versa the users wants to be able to filter certain BOM item in a work order/production build so that optional items can be assigned to a dimension and then filter out depending on what the dimension on the work order or production build have.
- Versa has added support to save dimension tags with BOM records. The dimension assignment page will have a new row BOM and users can enable one or more dimensions for BOM.
- Users will able be able to see the dimensions enabled to the BOM Need to change the UI in the. When adding a new item to the BOM, user can choose dimension options to assign to.
- For example: A BOM is for an electrical equipment and depends on where the customer is, different type of power cord is needed to support the region. User will define BOM and put all possible type of power cord as items in the BOM. Each type of power cord will have a different dimension tag assigned. Assume the dimension is called Power Cord Type and it has options Europe, Asia, North America. When a user create a sales order item , he will choose this BOM product and then also choose the Power Cord Type dimension on order (enable Power Cord Type Dimension for order). Choose to create a work order for new order item. The system will then create a work order and put the BOM's items inside the work order. When this happens, we will assign the order's dimension tags to the work order and the work order will use the dimension tags to filter out the BOM items shown on the page. So if order has Power Cord Type tag of Asia, only BOM Items with the dimension tags of Asia is shown. (other BOM items with no tags are never filtered out). When we are filtering, we need to determine which dimension tag will be used as filter as work order or build can have many dimension tags but the filtering is likely only performed using one dimension . We will look at the dimension tags that is assigned to work order or builds, and then find any BOM items that have the same dimension assigned. If a BOM item has the same dimension assigned as the work order/build but with a different dimension option, then it is filter out. If the BOM item has the same dimension tag value, then it is kept. If a work order has 2 dimension tags and a BOM items have 1 dimension tag but the 1 dimension on BOM item is not the same as the 2 dimensions on work order, then the BOM item is not filtered out. In other words, only filter out BOM Item that has a common dimension as the work order/build. If a BOM item has no dimension assigned, it is not filtered out. The filtering also applies to Production build.
[VA-8838] - User can filter BOM Item while editing a BOM
- Versa will use dimension as a way to specify optional items for a BOM and filter them out in builds and work orders. Therefore, we have added a new setting in setup, UI/Feature settings, Bills of Material, "Use Dimension Tags to Filter out Optional items for a BOM". Tooltip "Assign dimension tags to BOM items and depending on the dimension tag selected for a work order or a production build, only include BOM items with matching dimension tags" This new setting will control if we do the filtering or not.
- We will now show the dimensions being used in the BOM items, user can choose a value for each of the dimension and then click on filter to only see BOM item with the selected dimension options.
[VA-8828] - Add setting to allow varying sales tax rates by product category or by product
- Versa has added This feature to support tax scheme in India where the same tax can have different rates based on the type of products.
- Currently, tax rate is stored with the tax itself. A tax has a fixed rate based on an effective date. When we calculate taxes, we look at the tax to find its rate.
- Versa has added a new setting to setup, taxes, Tax setting " Specify Tax Rate by Product " to support defining tax rates by product category or by product.
- Once setting is activated, user will be able to enter tax rates by category or by product.
- When viewing a list of product categories, there is a link to enter the rates for this category.
- When viewing a product , there is a link to enter the rates for each trading names.
- When calculating taxes, the system will first see if a line item has a related product, then find if the product has tax rates defined, if defined, use it. if not, Then it will look at the product category the product belongs to to find a tax rate . If not found , use the tax rate from the tax.
- User can also import/export product tax rates from Tools, getting started.
[VA-8856] - Allow user to choose chart type and compare to previous periods
- Versa will now allow user to choose chart type : pie, bar, column, area for these charts: The sales by customer, by product, by service, by dimension and by sales channel charts.
- We will also allow user to specifying the reporting period (default to show last 12 months before today's data if user does not choose a reporting period which match previous behavior's)
- We have added i label to each widget showing these charts so user know where the data comes from. Also cache the data for the widget for 15 minutes. And also show the periods being used to display the chart in the widget itself.
- When compare to a previous period, user can choose the period right before the reporting period or the same period last year.
- For sales by product chart, we show top 10 products for a period. When comparing to previous period, we will look at the top 10 products in the previous period and combine the top 10 products from period 1 to period 2. This list can be from 10 to 20 products.
- Same for sales by customer which shows top 5 customers. When comparing to previous period, the customer shown can be from 5 to 10.
[VA-8870] - Always search for orders by dates
- Due to the large number of sales orders in live, Versa will force order listing page to always use a date range to list orders. This includes sales, RMA, purchase, transfer. RMA currently does not have a date filter. Add date filter to RMA.
- If a user never has applied a date filter to an order type, the system will go back one year by default from today's date.
- Once the date filter has been applied (system applied or user specified), it will be remembered per user so next time user goes to the order listing page, the date filter is applied again.
- Store the date range filter in user preference records so the filters will be remembered next time the user logs in. For sales and purchase order, we will remember different date ranges for open and all order page.
[VA-8880] - Adjust margin of new vertical menu
- We have reduced margins and width of left menu when expanded so we have more width to display content.
[VA-8883] - Switch all user to the new navigation and display a message on dashboard on how to switch it back and retirement date of existing menu.
- Versa has added a new setting to disallow creation of a sales order if a customer is over the credit limit. Versa has added a to setup, sales order "Enforce Credit Limit On New Sales Order".
- This check is performed when a new order item is created or updated.
- For order that is in draft mode, credit check is performed when the order is marked to ready.
- We do credit check by adding credit limit + deposit balance for customer - total balance in customer AR account - total un-invoiced order shipments.
- User will get an error they are over the credit limit.
- The Credit management Module is currently in Beta Testing but will be a part of our Premium Module that can be purchased for an additional fee over the fee paid for the base system.