- If you are not already on the User View, click the User View hyperlink on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the New Build hyperlink on the main navigation bar. (Under Products)
- Select the BOM to build from the Assembly list.
- Find the line of Part you wish to build and enter the number of batches to be built in the Batches field.
- Select the build date from the Year/Month/Day drop-down lists. Enter the internal reference number and the description of the build.
- Click on the Create
To close a build, you would enter a number Qty Produced field. This number is the amount of inventory generated after this build is complete. Click on the Close button to close the build. The total cost of building is then transfer from the WIP account to the inventory asset account for the part. if the product is lotted or serialized, you would need to provide the lot number of serial number.
It is important to note that existing materials inventory must be in the same unit-of-measure as the materials used on the BOM. For instance, if you have 5 litres of adhesive in stock, and the BOM calls for 1 milliliter of adhesive, then a shortage will be raised. You will need to convert 1 litre of adhesive to 1000 milliliters, as this is the unit-of-measure used on the BOM.