In the above section called Receiving Inventory, we indicated that you could reject items that you did not want to receive into inventory. When items are rejected it is common practice to return them to the supplier. This generally requires you to pack them into some sort of container with an accompanying packing list. Also, you will want some permanent record of the return shipment.
Versa allows you to keep a record of rejected and returned Products. The shipment is saved as a 'Purchase Return'.
You can return rejected products as follows:
- Click the 'Receiving' hyperlink on the main menu bar under the 'Logistic' heading.
- Click the 'Show Rejected Items' link on the Receiving Management screen.
- Click on the Supplier link above the items you wish to return.
- Click the 'Add to Shipment' link for all items you wish to return on a given packing list.
- Click the 'Edit Return Shipment' link to edit the packing list details.
- If there is a 'Return Materials Authorization' number related to the shipment, enter it beside the appropriate line items and click on the 'Update' button to save the information.
- When you are satisfied with the packing list, click on the 'Create Return Shipment' button at the bottom of the page. The Purchase Return record will be displayed.
- Generate a printable Packing List by clicking on the 'Packing List' link.
- Print the packing list by pressing Ctrl-P or File/Print.
To show a particular Purchase Return, do as follows:
- Click the 'Shipping' hyperlink on the main menu bar under the 'Logistic' heading.
- Click on the 'Show Purchase Returns' hyperlink on the Shipping Management screen.
- Click on the Shipment ID hyperlink related to the Shipment Return you wish to view.