In order to sell and ship a non-inventoried item, use the following process:
- Create a corresponding non-inventoried Product
- Create a Sales Order with one or more line items including the non-inventoried Product
- Use the Shipping function to ship the non-inventoried Product against the Sales Order.
You'll notice that shipping non-inventoried items is virtually the same as shipping their inventoried counterparts.
There are, however, some subtle differences in how they are treated within VersAccounts:
- Non-inventoried items are always regarded as "Ready to Ship". So, Sales Orders that included non-inventoried items will always be highlighted in either Yellow (partially ready to ship) or Green (ready to ship)
- Shipment Non-inventoried items does not result in any posting to a Cost-of-Goods-Sold (COGS) account.