You can define operations, sequences , work center and resources for your BOM. Usage of them is optional . Click on the link for each topic to read more.
Create a Bill-of-Material
You can create a Bill-of-Materials as follows:
First, create a product that needs to be manufactured as a new product if it does not already exists. (Products Menu, New Product)
- Click on the Edit BOM link under the Manufacturing menu.
- If you want to put sequences in your BOM, you would first define them under BOM Sequence. See more here.
- Choose the Part Number from the list of products to which the Bill-of-Materials will be related. This will bring you to the Edit BOM view.
- Search for a part to be used in the BOM by its name or part number, enter its required quantity and select the unit-of-measure from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Operation Sequence(if applicable) to indicate when the product will be used in the manufacturing process.
- Enter a note related to that particular product, if required.
- Click on the Add To BOM button.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 until the BOM is complete.
- Once all the BOM items and the Operation Sequences are saved. You can assign a sequence to a work center by clicking on the link Assign work center. Work center is set up from Setup menu, Company, Work Centers. See more here.
- When you are finished click the Done button to return to the Bill-of-Material Management view.
Edit or List a Bill-of-Material
You can list a Bill-of-Materials as follows:
- Click on the List BOMs link on the main menu. (Under the Manufacturing )
If you wish to edit one of the BOM's, simply click on its part number to get to the Edit Bill-of-Material view.
Delete a Bill-of-Material
BOM's are deleted by individually deleting each of their line items.
You can delete a Bill-of-Materials as follows:
- Click on the Edit BOM hyperlink under the Manufacturing menu.
- Click on the 'Listing of BOM's by Part Number' hyperlink on the Bill-of-Material Management view.
- Click on the Part Number hyperlink of the BOM that you wish to delete.
- Delete each of the BOM's line items by clicking on the '[X]' hyperlinks at the right.
Comments and Suggestions
Article is closed for comments.