To Create a new Bills-of-Materials definition
First, create a product that needs to be built as new products. (Products Menu, New Product)
- Click on the Edit BOM hyperlink on the top navigation bar. (Under the Products Main Menu)
- Choose the part number of the product from the list of products. If this product does not have a BOM defined, you will be creating a new BOM definition for this product.
- Choose the part numbers of the components that will be used in the BOM. Enter the quantity required and the Unit (UOM) required.
You can list a Bill-of-Materials as follows:
- Click on the List BOMs hyperlink on the top navigation bar. (Under the Products Main Menu)
- Click on the part number hyperlink to view detail of the BOM and you can edit the BOM from this view.
To build new inventory from BOM see this article.