The Sales Order allows you to keep track of services to be rendered and products to be shipped to your customers. In fact, in order for you to ship a product -- either inventoried or non-inventoried -- using VersAccounts' Shipping module, you must first enter it as an item on a Sales Order.
Create a Sales Order
From the top menu, click on Orders, New Sales Order.
A Sales Order is comprised of two main sections: 1) The Header and 2) the Line Items.
The Header of the Sales Order contains information pertaining to all of the line items. This information includes:
- Customer contact / invoicing address
- Customer ship-to address (if different from the contact / invoicing address
- Payment Terms
- Payment Currency & Exchange Rate
- Internal Reference Number
- Customer's Purchase Order Number
- Sales Order Date
Each line item of a sales order includes the following information:
- Line Item Number
- Product Name and Description
- Quantity | Unit-of-Measure
- Price per Unit-of-Measure
- Applicable Taxes
- Line Item Description (optional)
- Line Item Comments (optional)
- Expected Delivery Date
See a video walkthrough of a sales order.